Here is a very rare opportunity to own this beautiful Manley Steelhead Tube Phono Stage (version 2 with line input).
Clean, quiet, and bulletproof with enormous flexibility, the STEELHEAD is both a tweak-o-holic tube-lover’s dream, and a reviewer’s reference. Two MC inputs have selectable impedance matching via our beautiful Manley-designed and produced autoformers. Resistive load settings for the MM input and any capacitive loading from 0 to 1100pF will mate the STEELHEAD perfectly to any cartridge. Audiophile-grade components are used throughout. VARI outs can drive amps direct. LINE input replaces your preamp. Outboard PSU and RF Remora Remote control included.
- Manley STEELHEAD® RC Phono Stage
- 2 x MC + MM + LINE inputs
- Vacuum tube complement: 6922 SOVTEK Russian x 2 (gain) plus JAN NOS GE 7044 or 5687 x 4 (output buffers)
- Fuse type and ratings @ 117 VAC operation: 1.5 Amp 3AG slow-blow mains fuse 0.5 Amp 3AG slow-blow logic fuse
- Fuse type and ratings @ 230 VAC operation: 0.75 Amp 3AG slow-blow mains fuse 0.25 Amp 3AG slow-blow logic fuse
- Moving Magnet input impedance: 5-step user adjustable via fixed low-noise resistors. 25, 50, 100, 200 and 47000 Ohms.
- Moving Coil input impedance: 5-step user adjustable via multi-tap autoformer: 25, 50, 100, 200 and 400 Ohms.
- Input Termination Capacitance: Front Panel Selectable in 10 picofarad steps from 10 to 1100 pF (1.1nF) Residual input capacitance less than 40 pF.
- Gain: 4-step user adjustable, 50, 55, 60 and 65 dB active gain at 1 kHz referred to the FIXED output jack into a 10 kOhm load. Additional gain available via the MC input’s step-up autoformer. See Owner’s Manual for discussion.
- Deviation from RIAA curve: Less than +0.5 / -0.3 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at any gain setting. Typically less than ±1 dB from 10 Hz to 100 kHz
- Inter-channel differential phase: Less than 4 degrees from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at any gain setting. Typically less than 2 degrees.
- Inter-channel differential gain: Less than ±0.5 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at any gain setting.
- Dynamic Range: 101 dB @ 1 kHz, 1% THD measured with 200 Ohm source, 47 kOhm input, @ 55dB Gain 97 dB @ 1 kHz, 0.1% THD
- THD: 0.0042% at 1V output @1kHz
- REMORA RF REMOTE: controls motorised volume control up/down functions; uses 9v battery
- Maximum LINE input level: +30.6dBu @ 1KHz for an output of +29.3dBu @ 0.07% THD 26.5Vrms @ 1KHz for an output of 22.8Vrms @ 0.07% THD
- Maximum Output: +27dBm @ 1KHz with 3% THD into 100 kOhm load
- FIXed Output impedance: 150 Ohms. Minimum suggested load greater than 1500 Ohms.
- VARIable Output impedance: 75 Ohms. Minimum suggested load greater than 600 Ohms.
|GAIN Setting||Fixed Output||9:00||12:00||V/C FULL|
|MM Noise (S+N+D) / (N+D):||50 dB:||86dB||108dB||99dB||86dB|
|200 Ohm source, 47 kOhm input
A-weighted Referred to 2.54 mV
rms @ 1 kHz
|MC Noise (S+N+D) / (N+D):||50 dB:||84dB||108dB||98dB||85dB|
|100 Ohm source, 100 Ohm input
A-weighted Referred to 0.5 mV
rms @ 1 kHz and rated Input Z
This is a 230/240v unit and it is excellent condition.
For further information please call Graham on 01895 833099 or email